Maps in the MapSource called MapSet. MapSource is software that is given when the purchase GARMIN GPS device. Standard initial mapset is not complete (often called the basemap). Map detail has a file name GMAPSUPP.IMG and located in the memory of GPS device. Map detail is usually found when buying a GPS device package. Of course the detail map can be displayed directly in MapSource or NRoute. There are few steps required to display a map to MapSource detail.
1. Collect gmapsupp.img, cgpsmapper.exe and gmaptool.exe at one directory
2. Go to the DOS Prompt (type "cmd" in the Run box)
3. Move to the directory where gmapsupp.img, cgpsmapper.exe and are gmaptool.exe
4. Type "gmaptool-S gmapsupp.img" in the command prompt (the letter "S" capitalized)
5. Type "cgpsmapper mapset00.mp" in the command prompt to generate the preview map.
6. Exit from the DOS prompt.
7. Run MapsetToolKit from Windows Explorer
8. Select "INSTALL A MAPSET Existing"
9. Create a name registry, for example "NewMap"
10. Select a TDB file (select mapset00.tdb)
11. Select Overview Map (select mapset00.img)
12. Select Maps Directory (select the folder containing the map)
13. Select Typ file (if any, optional only)
14. Click "Install"
15. Open MapSource and mapset search for a recently installed.
16. When MapSource hangs, uninstall Mapset already installed using MapsetToolKit.